Thursday, August 16, 2007

Donations

I rode a lot of hard miles during my journey; but nothing I did was as hard as handling diabetes like Emily does, or any other diabetic kid does every day. I think she is tougher than me and she never complains.

Anyone interested in donating can make out a check to JDRF. Send donations to:

John J. Viall
750 Woodbine Avenue
Glendale, Ohio 45246

I keep a total and send them in afterwards. As of now I am approaching $13,000.

I am proud of having finished my ride. I am MUCH prouder of Emily and how she handles her disease. Her mother and I and her sisters and brother hope to see a cure for this illness in her lifetime.

Thanks to all who supported us. My most lasting impression is not the scenery--but the beauty of the human spirit. I could not have met more good people nor have been treated with more consideration.

As for the few drivers who shouted and called me "a......" and the like: get some creativity into
your rantings. How come such people never spout Cartesian logic when harassing bikers? "I think, therefore, I am." and the like.

That would be impressive.

No comments: